Mission & Vision
Our institution mission was set by our founder Shri M. V. Venkateshwaran in 1932.
This society should sincerely serve the cause of education and the educational needs of the common man of this cosmopolitan city.
So in spirit of sincerity we
- Stress on high standards of academic, professional and societal performance.
- Respond in a creative manner to a continuously changing cosmopolitan society.
- Support cultural and ethnic diversity in the student community.
We seek to achieve our educational mission by
- Focusing on modes of enquiry which strengthen thinking skills.
- Providing library resources and services to support the academic needs of the institutions.
- Providing extensive field experience to bring together theory and practice.
- Integrating technological development across the curriculum.
Our commitment is to a studend-centre environment
- In which the intellectual, cultural, social, physical and recreational needs of the students are met.
- Which offers learning experiences and forums where students come together to challenge one another’s ideas in an atmosphere of mutual respect.
- That provides support to students through an academic advising centre,computing facilities, peer advising, tutorials, counseling and health services, and programmes for disadvantaged as well as gifted students.
- And which offers appropriate services for students with physical disabilities.
Our commitment is also to the larger community of the region that we serve
- Through collaborative efforts with schools and higher educational institutions, the health care and social service agencies and the business community.
- Through faculty, administration and student participation in community programmes.
- And by keeping tuition fees within the reach of people of moderate incomes.